- Having a list of emergency phone numbers handy can save precious time when it
- If you have difficulty speaking, have a friend record a message, giving your name and address that you can use in the event of an emergency. Keep the tape in a
Recorder next to your phone.
- Wherever 9-1-1 is available, the address and phone number of the registered phone
Line will be displayed in most cases. This means even if the caller is unable to
- For the quickest response from emergency teams, follow the Procedures
- Don’t panic. Assess the situation.
- Determine the type of emergency.
- Dial 9-1-1 or appropriate emergency number.
- Give the following information/answer to the dispatcher’s questions clearly and
1. Type of emergency.
2. What help is needed.
3. Exact address with cross-street.
4. Telephone number.
5. How many people require help.
6. What treatment is being administered.
e) Don’t hang up until told to do so by the dispatcher.