QUICK GUIDE TO A FIRST AID PROVIDER
- Keep Calm:
1. Note the cause of the accident and number of casualties. Don’t injure yourself or
further injure the victim in a foolish attempt at rescue.
2. Determine what treatments have been administered.
- Send for Help:
1. Use the Emergency Procedures as described above.
- Give First Aid:
1. Give first aid until relieved by emergency personnel.
2. Do not move victim unless absolutely necessary.
3. Check responsiveness.
4. Check airway, breathing and circulation.
5. Stop serious bleeding.
6. Check for broken bones or other injuries.
7. Locate medical alert tags, if any.
8. Assist emergency personnel when they arrive by providing pertinent information.