Nepal Heritage Charity Foundation of BC (NHCF) and Nepal Cultural Society of BC (NCSBC) are pleased to announce applications for the NHCF-NCSBC Joint Scholarship Award – 2016. This scholarship will be awarded to talented and deserving students to pursue their post-secondary education in the fall of 2016.
- The applicant must be from a Nepali immigrant family residing in BC. A Nepali immigrant means anyone who identifies him/herself with Nepali origin through language and ethnicity, irrespective of the last country of residence prior to becoming a resident of Canada.
- The applicant must have a minimum of 85% in high school level BC provincial exams or similar other equivalent exams.
- The applicant must have graduated from high school in the same year as the year of the award.
- The applicant must be enrolled in a post-secondary program at a recognized institution by the fall of 2016.
- First Prize: $500
- Second Prize: $300
- Third Prize: $200
For all 3 scholarships to be awarded, there must be a minimum of five eligible applicants. If there are between three and five applicants, only one, and if there are fewer than three eligible applicants, no award will be granted.
3. Application Submission Deadline
August 20, 2016
4. Announcement of the Winners
By September 30, 2016
5. Required Documents
- NHCF-NCSBC Joint Scholarship Awards – 2016 application form (at the end of this post)
- Grade 12 transcript
- English 12 Provincial Exam Report
- Documents of Voluntary and other Extracurricular Works/Activities
- An Essay not exceeding 1200 words. Choose one of the following prompts for your essay:
a) “Growing up as a Canadian youth with Nepali parents.”
b) Your family/friends might have been affected by the 2015 earthquake in Nepal. Share your views on “the effect of this earthquake on you or your loved ones.”
c) Identify an issue of concern facing youths in our community today. Explain “what role can youths play in addressing this issue.”
d) The social and cultural surroundings where you grow up profoundly shape your identity. “How much does your Nepali ethnic and cultural heritage define who you are?”
Please send your application with required documents (by August 20, 2016) to the following email: email@example.com
NHCF-NCSBC Joint Scholarship Award Subcommittee – 2016